Thursday, March 5, 2009

Daily Numbers

Ok!  I have been learning quite a bit this week while I have been counting calories and controlling portions... the first is that I can't believe how many calories are in things! Things such as cheese and crackers, that I would have thought nothing of sitting down with for a "snack" and eating half a box of wheat thins and half a brick of cheese - by myself!!!!  Though, I wouldn't be hungry for dinner... good thing, because the calories in that would have equaled a meal - and a really caloric meal at that.  Wow. 

Plus, the fact that a few simple changes/alterations in your meal can mean big savings in calories - or big gains!  Mike and I sat down for dinner last night - with almost the same meal, and a 800 calorie difference.  Unbelievable!  I had the chicken and sauce on a salad, and was so full, I had to forgo my rice and beans.  Plus, I drank water.  He had a salad, the chicken and sauce, and a cup of instant mashed potatoes...and 2/3 of a bottle of Pepsi.  The pepsi and the potatoes were a whopping 500 calories more.  He had a 1300 calorie meal!  With just a little change.  

I'll tell you more of what I am learning tomorrow. ;)

Exercise:
2.6 miles on the treadmill, 401 cals burned in 45 minutes

Breakfast:
Before walk - 1/2 banana and p.b.: 75 cals
After walk - 4 whole wheat ritz and 1 oz mozz: 150 cals
then later: Banana mock danish and coffee: 390 cals

Lunch: 
1 cup Indian Rice and Beans Blend, raw spinach leaves and some chicken from last night!: 370 cals

Snack: 
10 whole wheat ritz crackers, 1 tbsp natural p.b. and 1 oz mozz. cheese: 335 cals

Dinner:
Shredded Chicken Salsa taco with avocado and sour cream... and side salad: 380 cals

Total:  401 cals burned, 1700/1778 eaten.  Phew!  Just made it!

1 comment:

Share with me! I can't live without comments. I'm vain like that.