Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So, I Bought A Scale.

I sent Mike to get a scale at BJs for me this week.  We had a coupon, so it was only $9.99! I have never owned a scale in my life, never used one to help me lose weight - in fact, I always looked at fat grams and carbs during diets to help me control my eating - never calories and never really my weight.  This is all so different for me. I always looked at weighing one's self every day as over obsessive, since it can change a lot even during the day!  But, there is something to be said about knowing all the facts - measurements, healthy eating, calorie counts and....my actual weight.  It all factors in together so you can get the whole picture!  

And not looking at calories specifically and not weighing myself is probably the reason I am where I am today. 

Since I signed up on the Adios, Fatty blog, as someone who will be accountable and has to "weigh-in" every week, and since I am truly counting calories now - I figured a scale would be a good idea.  Plus, it's pretty.  Glass and metal, with a digital readout.  Like Mike said, it's too pretty to belong in our ancient old house. ;)

But, like I said, it's kind of annoying when you weigh yourself in the morning...knowing you were 203.6 yesterday...and this morning you are 200.6.  Huh.  And then by noon, you are 202.3...and then by 5pm, you are 203.6 again.  Grrrrrr.....  But!  That 203.6 is better than the 205 I started with!  And I know it's accurate because Mike said his weight was exactly the same at the doctor's office a few days ago, where I read out 205 last week.

So, I am hoping it will help in my fight!  Otherwise, it will end up in the garage sale pile.

1 comment:

  1. The best thing to do, is weigh yourself every day at the same time. But only once. You will drive yourself crazy if you jump on every couple hours, you silly girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share with me! I can't live without comments. I'm vain like that.