Saturday, March 7, 2009

Daily Numbers

Mashed Potatoes are evil.

Today was a tough day - very weird.  I guess I count on my schedule to keep the eating in check. I slept in today, since I stayed up WAY too late last night on here, obsessing over the new additions to the site!  So, I got a nice 8 hours of sleep, but that means I got up when the babies did, with no time to exercise.  

I wolfed down half a pb and j sandwich and got to business feeding the kids! Then, we scurried out the door to do some necessary shopping for the birthday weekend and we were gone for a few hours.  I kept getting hungrier and hungrier...and every time I got out of the car, I smelled crispy seasoned chicken from KFC, or steaks at Applebee's...my stomach was in overdrive.  I felt bad eating out, since Mike was home and I didn't want to spend the money.  I could have tried to find some healthy options, but I just tried to ignore the hunger, even knowing that I was doing my metabolism no good.  I walked through Wegman's with the kids in the cart (good way to keep your shopping to a minimum when the space in the cart is holding 2 babies...not much room left!), but it was shopping while starving.  Thankfully, I only go to Wegman's for healthy stuff (quinoa, pesto, agave nectar, etc...), so it was a little easier not to give in when I never made it over to those aisles.  

When we got home, I only had 170 calories in and it was already almost 2:30!  I was starving. Thankfully I had some good leftovers to rummage up quickly...otherwise, I would have grabbed the first thing I saw, which would probably have been cheese and crackers...and eaten my normal portion!  Which I figured out was somewhere around 440 cals for the cheese and 480 for the crackers...for a snack.  Yikes.  What was I doing???

After the kids went down for their nap, I must have felt guilty for skipping my workout, because I did work out then and my calorie burn was way over the norm. Weekends are so disrupting to the schedule!  I'm not sure I like working out later in the day.  Tomorrow, with two parties, church and a nap to fit in (not for me, silly!), there will be no time for exercise. And lots of calories to ingest.  Let's just see how good I can be while not being resentful that I missed out! It's all about balance, grasshopper....

I decided since I was low on cals today to splurge a little for dinner and make this awesome recipe for Roasted Garlic and White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes. Oh.so.good. This guy likes to eat, and unfortunately, it's usually not all that healthy. And he doesn't include nutritional info, which is understandable, but when I counted them up afterward....holy crap.  They were awesome, which should have been a tip-off from the start - that and the fact that I couldn't stop eating them... I had a 1 cup serving, which is a lot, and I was stuffed after dinner - 400 CALORIES in that 1 cup serving.  Whoa.  But they were soooooo good. 

Ok, since we have to spring our clocks or whatever tonight, I am calling it a night!

Today's Numbers:

Exercise:
2.6 miles, 435 cals walking on the treadmill for 45 minutes

Breakfast:
1/2 PBJ sandwich: 170 cals
coffee: 60 cals

Lunch:
7 - Seven Grain Kashi Crackers: 65 cals
chicken, beans and rice taco: 335 cals
coffee: 60 cals

Snack:
1 oz sharp white cheddar and 4 wheat thins:130 cals

Dinner:
1/4 Grilled chicken breast, those awesome highly caloric evil potatoes, salad, 1 piece of also awesome Wegman's Garlic Tuscan Bread and 1 tsp butter - so worth the 170 cals just for that!: 600 cals, since I didn't really eat anything else but the bread and potatoes.  ;) 

Totals:   435 burned and 1420/1778 eaten.  I think I'm going to have another piece of bread.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me! I can't live without comments. I'm vain like that.