And this is what myself tells me:
- Being healthy, feeling good, not getting Diabetes.
- Keeping up with the kids, having the energy to attain all the goals I want for all of us in this next year.
- Not feel embarrased in a bathing suit
- Not have to wear maternity clothes for the rest of my life (duh!)
- I want my strength back.
And with eyes as big as saucers, these are today, just realized reasons:
- My 15 year High School reunion is this summer. Whoa. I do not want to be the one that when I walk away, everyone shakes their head and discusses how I "let myself go."
- Family Vacation this August, in the water constantly, I don't want to be mistaken for a water buffalo at the water's edge and be eaten by a freshwater crocodile.
- 10th anniversary trip this summer to somewhere hot, I don't want to feel frumpy and self-conscious, I want to feel hot!
Those last three are ridiculously powerful motivators, if only for extremely vain reasons. But, I can handle that.
I am signing up on the private weight loss blog I follow, called "Adios, Fatty", as a motivated-guest blogger/poster this week. I am looking forward to the accountability from all her readers. If you are interested in her journey, she has lost almost 30 pounds so far and super fast, predictably 2 pounds a week like clockwork because she has done the math! She's an animal! I am sure she will let you in on the blog if you are interested. Shoot me an email at email@example.com if you want to sign up for hers and I will let her know she has more readers! She already has two other weight loss posters and I think about 15-20 readers, so I will be the third to sign up and post every week. The more motivation the better!