Tuesday, February 17, 2009

All the Motivation I Need.

I ask myself why I am trying to lose weight.

And this is what myself tells me:

Obvious reasons:
  • Being healthy, feeling good, not getting Diabetes.
  • Keeping up with the kids, having the energy to attain all the goals I want for all of us in this next year.
  • Not feel embarrased in a bathing suit
  • Not have to wear maternity clothes for the rest of my life (duh!)
  • I want my strength back.
And with eyes as big as saucers, these are today, just realized reasons:
  • My 15 year High School reunion is this summer. Whoa.  I do not want to be the one that when I walk away, everyone shakes their head and discusses how I "let myself go."
  • Family Vacation this August, in the water constantly, I don't want to be mistaken for a water buffalo at the water's edge and be eaten by a freshwater crocodile.
  • 10th anniversary trip this summer to somewhere hot, I don't want to feel frumpy and self-conscious, I want to feel hot!
Those last three are ridiculously powerful motivators, if only for extremely vain reasons.  But, I can handle that.  

I am signing up on the private weight loss blog I follow, called "Adios, Fatty", as a motivated-guest blogger/poster this week.  I am looking forward to the accountability from all her readers. If you are interested in her journey, she has lost almost 30 pounds so far and super fast, predictably 2 pounds a week like clockwork because she has done the math!  She's an animal!  I am sure she will let you in on the blog if you are interested.  Shoot me an email at ertelbear@gmail.com if you want to sign up for hers and I will let her know she has more readers!  She already has two other weight loss posters and I think about 15-20 readers, so I will be the third to sign up and post every week. The more motivation the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me! I can't live without comments. I'm vain like that.