Saturday, February 7, 2009

Project Start: Determine if Muscle Repair is Necessary

I plan on starting two projects this weekend, to catch up a bit.  

This first one is something I really need to fix. Literally.  

My belly muscles were stretched so much during pregnancy with the triplets that during the last 2 months of the gestation (which were months 6 and 7), my muscles started to tear.  I remember asking the doc about it at one of the weekly visits, that my belly, in a stripe down the center, started to seriously burn.  And it got all prickly, so not comfortable. And he said, in a very calm and matter-of-fact voice, that it was my stomach muscle wall splitting in two from the over-expansion of babies.  

Fan.tas.tic.

And I still had two months to go!  So, as you can imagine, I probably did a bunch more damage as the kids grew.  After birth, I waited for the muscles to repair themselves, a notoriously slow process, but almost 2 years later, I still feel like all my insides are sore.  

Asking about it this week at a doctor's appt, my awesome doc told me that only a minor gap can heal itself, and if it was stretched too much, it might require surgery.  Oh, and he also told me that I possibly have a hernia too.  WTF?

I want to be able to do a sit-up again!  I want not to wince if the kids wrestle with me and they land on my tummy!   I want this fixed!

So, I am scheduled this month to get a CT Scan of my abdomen to determine the extent of the damage.  Project started!  Hopefully we can determine if surgery is necessary or if I can do some mondo physical therapy to cure my soreness and gaps in stomach wall muscles.  That just sounds so wrong.  

Maybe soon, I can attempt 30 Day Shred. Wait, why do I want this??  ;)

And maybe I will look like this after those 30 days.  Riiiiiiight.  So not fair.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me! I can't live without comments. I'm vain like that.